Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Open 16.2



Beginning on a 4-minute clock, complete as many reps as possible of:
25 toes-to-bar
50 double-unders
15 squat cleans (135/85#)

If completed before 4 minutes, add 4 minutes to the clock and proceed to:
25 toes-to-bar
50 double-unders
13 squat cleans (185/115#)

If completed before 8 minutes, add 4 minutes to the clock and proceed to:
25 toes-to-bar
50 double-unders
11 squat cleans (225/145#)

If completed before 12 minutes, add 4 minutes to the clock and proceed to:
25 toes-to-bar
50 double-unders
9 squat cleans (275/175#)

If completed before 16 minutes, add 4 minutes to the clock and proceed to:
25 toes-to-bar
50 double-unders
7 squat cleans (315/205#)

*Stop at 20 minutes.

Wod 2 of the Crossfit Open is now complete. My score was 263 with a tiebreak time of 10:01, which means I almost completed round 3 - I was 1 rep shy. After collapsing to the floor and trying to catch my breath my judge and J came to high-five me; they apologized for yelling at me, which I quickly responded with, “You were?? I couldn’t hear anything.” I don’t know if anyone else has reached this point, but while I was working on my last round of squat cleans I could see everyone in my box standing in front of me, yelling, clapping & cheering but I couldn’t hear a damn word – everything was quiet. I didn’t hear the music playing or even the weight when it dropped to the floor in-between each rep. I’ve never remembered this happening to me before. I guess that’s just another one of those signs when you know that you’re in the pain cave.

Instantly after this wod I took a turn for the worse, I was nauseated, had a massive headache, cold chills & body aches. I spent the next hour either hunched over a trash can thinking I was going to throw up any second or curled up in a ball on a gymnastics mat in my sweats. Needless to say I felt awful. By Saturday morning my mind was thinking about repeating the wod again because I was so close to finishing the 11th squat clean in round 3, which would have pushed me into round 4; I was standing up my last squat clean when my timer ran out which resulted in a no rep. But thinking back to mid-wod, I wasn’t concerned about finishing the last squat clean, I was thinking about having to go back to the toes-to-bar & I really didn’t want to do that; the toes-to-bar were by far the most miserable part of this wod - for me anyway.

I decided on Saturday night that I wasn’t going to repeat the wod when I spent the rest of the weekend feeling under the weather. Monday was more of the same. One & done for me on 16.2.

Our box is lucky enough to have a photographer as one of our box members & she captured our pain during 16.2 - here are a few of my favorite photos from Kaila Drayton Photography:







post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs