Thursday, April 7, 2016

Annual Kick In The Ass


It’s tax season people which means it’s my most dreaded time of the year. Who’s right there with me??? I’m normally not a negative person - I’ve always been one of those “the glass is half full” kind of people, but there’s just something about taxes that gets me s-t-r-e-s-s-e-d out. I can always keep my positive thinking up until mid-April telling myself, “This is my year! Here we go! You got this!” Then the filing process begins & I get royally screwed.

My strategy this year was to use Turbo Tax & file on my own, simple and painless. No need to sit for hours at a small cubicle in the back of Sears with an H&R Block representative when I can be in my apartment on my comfy couch. So this past Sunday I created my online account and answered some standard questions – I must say that Turbo Tax has become very user friendly, I was feeling very confident through my filing process. Then the moment of truth came when I reached the “What you owe” screen. Yep, I was given the middle finger yet again. I took a deep breath before completely losing my shit & clicked on the “How was this figure calculated” button. There it was in black, red & white – my total amount due. I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach. I instantly thought, “But that can’t be right?!” (*sigh*) Son of a bitch. Sure – why not? What’s one more year of owing money that I just don’t have?! Complete and utter frustration doesn’t begin to describe how I felt. I was finally at a comfortable place with my expenses and felt like I had a handle on my cash coming in & cash going out. So naturally, when you’ve reached that comfort level….shit just hits the fan because nothing can just run smoothly 24/7. As my Mom likes to sneak in while I’m bitching about my issues, “That’s life.” Well thank you! (insert sarcasm). Yes, I’m aware that’s life, I get it…blah blah blah. That still doesn’t help me or fix my problem!



As much as I would like to sit here & continue my rant, I’ll keep my bitching to a minimum. To wrap things up, I would like to say how  thankful I am for having J next to me on Sunday who had to endure many hours of me yelling, kicking, screaming & tears during this year’s tax filing. You were a bigger help to me than you will ever know – thank you.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs