Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Fit Snacks Part 3

Protein cookies (DIY).


A boxmate of mine shared her recipe of these cookies with me & ever since then I’ve had a serious problem – I make them almost every night after dinner. I’ve grown to love them just as much as I love my breakfast each morning.

Recipe:
1 scoop of protein (I prefer chocolate flavor)
1-2 tbsps. of all natural nut butter (I use almond butter & only 1 tbsp.)
½ tsp. baking powder
*Mix all 3 together, then add 1 tbsp. of water at a time until mixture reaches a cookie dough consistency (I use 4 tbsps.)
Scoop 1 tbsp. of mixture & place onto cookie sheet
Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes (my oven runs hot so I bake mine at 325 degrees for 10 minutes)

**I also shake some Chocolate Donut seasoning on top of my cookies for a little extra sweetness (see info below).

Lenny & Larry’s The Complete Cookie.

Click [here] for their website.

I’ve only tried these cookies through a co-worker & a friend of mine who were kind enough to share theirs with me. =) The flavors I’ve tried are Snickerdoodle & Peanut Butter – both were awesome. You’ll notice on their website that they don’t just sell cookies, they also have “muscle muffins” and “muscle brownies” available for purchase – I haven’t tried those. You can also find these at Vitamin Shoppe.

Superseedz.

Click [here] for their website.

These were included in our gift bags for a local competition and for weeks they sat in my pantry. I wasn’t too excited about them until one Sunday afternoon I was looking for a snack & picked them up. They were so good! Like good to the point that I was sad when I finished the snack size bag. I looked them up online to find out more info & then was told that they were sold locally at food stores. Unfortunately, the stores that I’ve tried close to me don’t carry them, i.e., Harris Teeter & Giant. Apparently the Wegman’s in Lansdowne carries them but I haven’t made my way out there yet. Pretty bummed they aren’t just down the street from me so I’ll probably be ordering these online.

The flavor that was in my gift bag was maple sugar & sea salt – two thumbs up!

Flavorgod Chocolate Donut Seasoning


Click [here] for the website.

If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook you know that I’ve been using Flavorgod for quite some time now. Not only do I use them for snacking, I also use them on all of my meats & veggies during meal prep for the week. It’s hard to pass up a seasoning that has no sodium & only 1g of sugar.

I’ve had this Chocolate Donut seasoning on fruit (i.e., bananas, strawberries), yogurt & like I said above, I sprinkle them on top of my protein cookies. My collection also consists of Gingerbread Cookie and Pumpkin Pie seasoning but the Chocolate Donut is by far my favorite.


Enjoy!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs