Thursday, April 16, 2015

Fit Snacks Part 2

I’ve come across more snack ideas & thought I’d share them with all of you. =)

Raspberries with mini chocolate chips – An easy way of curbing that sweet tooth for all of you chocolate lovers out there who are just like me. I’ve found that finding mini dark chocolate chips is incredibly difficult – Wegman’s almost never has them in stock; but, if you use one dark chocolate chip it’s the same thing.


Found on Instagram: @befitsnacks

Frozen yogurt cups – I have a stash of these in my freezer right now. =)
Step 1: Place cupcake liners on a baking sheet (I used 5 liners).
Step 2: Scoop 1 tbsp. to 1.5 tbsp. of Greek yogurt into liners (I used Dannon’s vanilla flavored yogurt).
Step 3: Top with favorite fruit, pressing the fruit into the yogurt so it freezes together (I have used blueberries, raspberries & strawberries – they’ve all been good).
Step 4: Place baking sheet in freezer until frozen.
Step 5: Allow cups to sit for a minute before peeling the cupcake liners off, otherwise they will stick. Remove all cupcake liners, place yogurt cups in a plastic baggie & store in the freezer.
Step 6: Let yogurt cup sit for about a minute before eating.


Found on Instagram: @befitsnacks

Almonds & mini M&Ms – My office manager gives these to us in little treat bags sometimes, which is exactly where I got the idea from. For every 2 almonds she adds 1 mini M&M. Use the same concept when eating. ;o)




Rice cake with peanut butter & fruit – This is my favorite snack at the moment. I eat one every day at work for my afternoon snack. My favorite topping is blueberries, but I’ve also used blackberries, raspberries & strawberries. I have yet to try it with banana slices but I plan to.
Step 1: Use 1 rice cake (I buy the Quaker gluten free, plain rice cakes). 1 tbsp. creamy peanut butter. 1 handful of desired fruit.
Step 2: Spread peanut butter on top of rice cake.
Step 3: Add fruit.


Found on Instagram: @morellifit

If you’re running short on time, you can always grab a Quest protein bar like I did this morning. The box that I’m consuming at home is the Strawberry Cheesecake flavor:



Happy Snacking!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs