Thursday, January 22, 2015

Broke



I know I can’t be the only person to say or complain about this, but is it just me or is everything expensive?? I usually hit that mid-month mark where I log into my bank account & am asking myself “Where the hell is all my money?!” Yes, I know I live in Northern Virginia & that I’m in the single income category but still. Sometimes it really sucks – no that’s wrong, it sucks all the time. I consider myself a responsible person & every once in a while I might have that moment of weakness where I buy a few things that aren’t necessities but come on, I’m not the only person that does that & something’s gotta give. Not only am I broke, but it always seems that when you’re low on funds that’s when everything else starts to fall apart - you need new tires for your car, you have an unexpected trip to the ER & your insurance doesn’t cover the entire thing so you’re forced to pay out-of-pocket…you know all that stupid shit. I’ve also found it to be true that when you have money in your pocket & you want to buy stuff you can’t find a damn thing to spend it on. Yet when you’re broke you find everything that you’ve ever wanted. This really needs to be the opposite. Do you remember when you were younger & your grandparents would say, “I remember when that would cost a nickel!” Well, at 32 years of age I can officially say that I’ve turned into my grandparents - Me: “How much? I remember when these were $1.00!”


Maybe one day I’ll be able to not worry about the funds in my bank account, but until that day comes it looks like I’ll be continuing with my frugal ways & being thankful that I have a full-time job with a steady paycheck. Like they say, it could always be worse.


Gotta love ecards.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs