Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Clean Eating




Yep, another post about food; I’m just as excited as you are!

The past couple of weeks I’ve been getting tired of my regular weekday recipes & I decided to do some Googling & find a few more things to add so I’m not looking for unhealthy alternatives, like eating out & stuffing myself with slices of pizza. Pizza is my ultimate weakness. Chocolate is also. French fries can be added to that list too. Peanut butter. Chicken wings. My cheat list is extremely long so I’m just going to stop there because I’m getting hungry.

So during my searching, I stumbled across a website that created a Clean Eating Challenge that consisted of 2-weeks. The website provided you with a grocery list, food prep instructions for each week & recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks eat day. The goal is to eat 5 small meals a day. Normally this kind of challenge isn’t uncommon & I’m sure most of you have seen something very similar. This one caught my eye more than most because of the detailed instructions they give you. Anything that’s going to tell me exactly what to buy; exactly how to prep everything for the week & incorporates leftovers from the night before I’ll give an A+. Let’s face it, not all of us have time to prepare a 4 course meal every night for dinner when we finally get home. My normal end of day, walk through my front door is 8/8:15 p.m., on a good day – sometimes it’s later. By the time I shower & start to unwind, I want something that’s going to be quick, easy & also healthy because by then I’m starving. Having a plan for each meal during the week takes the guessing game out of the equation – it also helps me from staring blankly in my refrigerator & wondering what I’m going to eat.

I’ve always had people ask me about my nutrition & what I eat on a regular basis. As I said previously, I used to see a sports nutritionist when I started getting more into crossfit. I no longer see her but with the nutrition tips & knowledge that she gave me I don’t feel like I need to. Usually you hear about crossfitters sticking to the most common diet, Paleo. I have never followed Paleo or have ever done a Paleo Challenge, but that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t work for you. I just know that I need more carbs & natural sugars in my diet in order to perform. Do what works for you. I have incorporated Paleo recipes into my eating plan in the past, present & I’ll continue to do so in the future if it’s one that I really like - there’s no reason not to. Most of the Paleo recipes that I have used are from Nom Nom Paleo. I’ve liked everything I’ve made so far.

If you already know Paleo isn’t for you & you want to just focus on a clean eating regimen, check out the Clean Eating Challenge. You might love it. I’ll be making some of the recipes that caught my eye throughout next week & plan on posting my reviews here. If you decide to take the 2-week challenge, I’d love to hear about it & see which recipes you liked more than others. Contact me at any of the above social media links. =)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design by Designer Blogs